Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Went Cycling

Had the chance to go both cycling and hiking today but in the end just did the cycling due to the need to work.

Went out for an hour with Mel at lunch. Went over to Genoa, the oldest settlement in Nevada, pretty impressive little place, looks like the real wild west. The oldest bar in Nevada is there and it looked like it too.

It was about 87 degrees out there - who knows what that is in degrees C? I guess around 28 but the wind kept things cool enough.

Given the death ride sign up I thought I should get on the bike a bit. And conveniently, the Fleet car I have has a bit of a cock-up meaning it is not licensed after tomorrow, which means I shall have to cycle everywhere.

Nice to get out there anyway, I got to see the peaks of the death ride too - pretty awesome! I'd better get out there at the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home