Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Arbury Website

A bit hot outside so I spent too much of the day working on the Arbury Community Centre website and discovered that the house is much cooler downstairs than upstairs, and that the air conditioning is a serious piece of kit which looks like it costs a bloody fortune to run.

Arbury website is now validated and AA rated for accessibility by W3C/WAI (and Bobby). A little more tricky than I hoped!

Am trying not to learn to love the (GE) fridge, which dispenses fresh water and crushed ice at the touch of a button and never needs refilling (must be magic or good plumbing).

I am hoping that all the leftover sweets, chocolate, biscuits (and that funny cereal which seems to be just made of bourbon biscuits) in the cupboard will evaporate in the heat or something or I will gain even more weight! Can't seem to get any Alpen around here. Edd - can we trade some fruit loops for some sugar free Alpen?

1 Comments:

At 11:27 pm, Blogger CatMer said...

Funny that I am reading that from the south side of Cambridge, under the cold rain of this sad and wet summer.
I used to live in Az and I know what summer dry heat means/is and right now, I miss it terribly: your blog didn't help forgetting about it.
Keep telling us about your training!
CatMer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home