Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Running - isn't it dry here?!

Went running today but only in the Gymn here. After a mile I needed to go and get a drink - I normally do 6 miles in the UK before and never drink during the run. It really is dry here and no mistake. Some nights I weigh myself before bed and when I get up and have usually lost 2 lbs, my record is 2lbs 6! I am somewhat concerned that if I have a lay in I will wake up as a crisp. The recommended dehumifier sounds pretty quiet during the day but at night sounds like sleeping under the wing of concord!

Back to the running. I did 1 mile and went for a drink; 1.5 miles and needed a rest and another 1.5 a bit slower. Pretty poor! Mind you, I don't notice the altitude here as much as I do in Denver, I think it is about 4,500ft here and Denver about 5,600ft - quite a difference it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home