Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Wept at the Veggie counter of Raley's

I dragged myself into Raley's supermarket tonight after a huge long day at work and stumbled upon this magical frozen food counter, away from all the others, which caught my eye with a product labelled "meatless burgers". Not believing this, thinking it instead turkey instead of beef, I was staggered to find the whole counter full of veggie food, and lots of organic stuff. I nearly wept! It was like walking through platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross. I dashed home with an organic ready meal (all ingredients pre-fixed 'organic') and some organic hot dogs! WOW (forgot the ketchup though).

Fortunately this place is about 3 minutes from my house! And they even do wheat free stuff too, which is a relief.

(ready meal ultimately tasty)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home