Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Green Day (& ran 5 miles)

This eco living isn't so bad. Today I drove Simon and Jan's car for the first time. They asked if I'd like to do a bit of car sharing with them. I drove to pick up my shredder from repair by Geoff Rank - how nice to repair things like this. My neighbours tell me they will split the cost with me since they borrow the shredder.

Yesterday I bought a vacuum cleaner for my little brother. I bought one second hand from the Vacuum Cleaner centre on Burleigh Street. I could have bought a new one from Argos for the price but why do we always need to buy new stuff with all the manufacturing and packaging and waste involved. This way I have saved an old vacuum cleaner from going to the dump and have supported a business committed to repair. They are nice blokes in there and said if there is any problem with it they'd fix it for me. Perfect.

I drove to Emmaus on the way home looking for a bigger shoe rack but drew a blank up there - though I did buy some videos for 50p but will return them soon enough!

This week I've given away a scanner and an old chest of drawers on Freecycle and sold a n oak desk on Ebay (which the guy has already sanded down and waxed!).

Not bad going really.

I ran about 5 miles with Adam and Ivan today. We shot of at quite a pace - 6.45 perhaps. I was ragged before long and stayed that way for the whole run, though we slowed down coming back. Last night's curry didn't help. I got back feeling pretty rough. Not my best ever effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home