Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Running, about 9 miles, sub 8 min/mile pace

I awoke a bit hung over and was glad that Ivan's call woke me up. It can be hard to get motivated for running but once the pact has been made you have to get on with it.

Ivan's girls, Rhiannon and Erica are into their sport, playing soccer and doing triathlon, so they decided to do a couple of laps with us before we started. I was very impressed at their stretching techniques - they seem to have learned some excellent stretches and reminded me of a couple of useful ones I'd forgotten. After 3 laps (about 1.5km) the girls headed for the garage to buy some sweets, whilst Ivan and I trotted off for a larger lap around Impington, across some fields, the dredded guided bus route, past Nick and Judith on their allotment, and back to Ivan's for a cuppa tea.

The run was great and I felt much better and more awake for the rest of the day for having done it.

When we got back I think we went through a Dr Who style time warp. Rhiannon had a Sherbet Dip, Erica had Black Jacks, Ivan made tea in a proper pot and we ate Nice biscuits (I had no idea you could still get sweets like that). It was like being 5 years old at my Gran's house again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home