Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Humpty Dumpty Lives!!!!

OK the motorbike is BACK ON THE ROAD. The timing is almost perfect. Only yesterday the grit lorries came and covered the road in salt and we had a frost over night. A new rear tyre (still shiny) and my road skills a bit rusty meant I was slip-sliding away somewhat but happy.

After my major major bike strip-down what was wrong? The HT leads in the wrong order. This seems almost impossible since they are such weird lengths that seem to only fit one plug but apparently this is the only thing I did wrong. So near and yet so far.

4 Comments:

At 9:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit that's funny! And to think they let you loose with websites ;-)

Paul.

 
At 10:08 am, Blogger litsl said...

That is WHY they let me loose on websites!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Carlos;

What the hell are grit lorries? I get what they do, but what do they look like?

Also, for a non-bike guy, what are HT leads?

Hope all is well with you.

Scott

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger litsl said...

Hi Scott! Good questions.

A grit lorry is a truck which sprays out salt along the road. They don't stop the traffic while they do it so you can hit a wall of salt when you are on the freeway. In a car it damages your paintwork, on a motorbike it is very unpleasant and on a bicycle it's the worst but I normally jump off the road when I see them. We put salt down when it is icy. I don't really understand why we do that here when you lot in Tahoe with far far worse driving conditions just spread dirt on the road!!

HT leads are whatever you call the leads that go from your distributer to your spark plugs in your car. It was quite a silly mistake!

All well here - hope all is well with you!

Carl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home