Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Running and Dinner with Adam and Natalie

I've done my first ever night at a running club tonight. We did 1k repeats 6 times at "our 5k pace". I don't have a 5k pace so I just did my best and ran with Natalie (I could keep up because she ran a trail marathon on Saturday).

Afterwards Natalie and Adam invited me for dinner too. Great to eat some good pasta - thanks Natalie! I was really pleased when Natalie told me, because I was going around, they made a big effort to buy their vegetables locally for environmental reasons. How excellent is that? It reminded me to sign up to my local vegetable box scheme today.

For those that don't know, they got married in September. I'm afraid I missed it because I was still hiking. They have some excellent photos on their pondlane website.

I can't help noticing that most of my friends in Cambridge are friends through sport. So, when someone says, 'come to dinner' and 'we'll go for a run first', it seems totally normal. I'm getting a bit pooped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home