Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, March 09, 2007

carl's cholesterol

carl's cholesterol (click to see it more clearly, perhaps click twice)

I had a cholesterol check. Although I'm quite fit and don't eat meat I wasn't totally confident about having it done since I eat a lot of cheese and stuff. The results are pretty good. The Doctor said the cholesterol is about as good as it could be and was pretty please.

I didn't know how to interpret the rest of that stuff but it all seems ok apart from the potassium, which is probably a weird reading. If anyone cares to add interpretations to this data please go ahead!

One thing I noticed is that my sodium is quite low. Perhaps this is why I cramp up when I run sometimes.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

High Potassium indicates some Endocrine imbalance, kidney and adrenals.

 
At 5:25 pm, Blogger litsl said...

Thanks for the comment. It's funny getting a diagnosis this way! My Doctor also says that High Potassium in an otherwise fit person is often due to bad blood work in the lab, ie. blood sitting around too long. I'll get a re-test though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home