Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Gear Shopping - Big Daddy's Bike Shop

Went to see Big Daddy (Keith) today to get some bits for my bike ready for the Deathride training this weekend. Scott said to mention his name, which did indeed seem to qualify me for the predicted surcharge!

Got:
- new seat, Bontrager;
- 2 inner tubes;
- 2 bottle cages;
- 1 water bottle (Big Daddy Branded - and doesn't fit the cages!);
- headband/bandana (WHITE);
- bike computer (has temperature on it - I'm sure I shouldn't know)
- cytomax energy powder (I thought they were saying Cider Max, so was a bit disappointed) for drink bottle (should come with a toothbrush)
- e-fuel - gel to mix with drink;

Big Daddy reckoned my bike needed a service but am not too sure. Will find out at the weekend. Got a couple of potential rides, one of 60 miles and one of 75 miles, both with quite big climbs.

Nice to be back on a bike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home