Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Admin De Jour - car, cross charging and money

Fleet service have now managed to issue a temporary plate so my car should be on the road again tomorrow, allowing me to get some kind of querky paperwork or other for which I have to pay $1.

Cross charging faff going on amongst finance people - all a bit over my head but they do their best.

Trying to figure out how to get some money into $. Laurie at Bank of America kindly reminded me that if I want to get a credit card I might need to put some money in my account! So nice! Nationwide Credit Card looks like it may be the way to do it, costs 1.5% of the transaction (plus interest from the day of withdrawal) and yesterdays rate was 1.81 (though $ to £ is the worst today than it has been for months!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home