Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Preparing for the London Tri

I'm resigned to the fact that my swim is going to be a bit poor in the London Tri. I've put a lot of effort into familiarising myself with open water swimming this year with my mates at Cambridge Tri Club but in the last race I could not settle down for the swim. So I'm resigned to just getting it done and slathering myself in Frys vegetable oil to get my wetsuit off fast. Perhaps a super fast transition will be what I need on race day. The shoes are a problem and I've not practised the elastic band trick when attaching bikes to pedals so I'm not sure how that bit of transition will work - I am planning to hobble in cycling shoes at the moment.

This week my preparations have all been about getting my running form back a little. I did 5km in the race Sunday, ran 5 miles Monday with my mates from GE and ran just over 5 miles Tuesday (in the rain) and today. Unimpressive times and asthma kicking in a bit but not terrible and it's nice to be out running again.

I tried running without socks on Monday and that was fine, so that's part of my race strategy - cut some time off transition by skipping socks and gloves and stuff!

I've got some fierce deadlines this week and would really like to be at climate camp but I will stay focussed on this little sprint and see what I can do.

2 Comments:

At 5:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know how it goes. I am thinking about doing the XTerra race in Incline in October. I need a goal so I don't continue to grow fatter and fatter every day.

Scott

 
At 9:22 pm, Blogger litsl said...

I could do do be 10lbs lighter myself. You know what to do - push the button!!! :-)

Carl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home