Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ironman Switzerland - Entered

I was a bit disappointed that I missed out on Ironman Germany this year when so many of my friends did it. We tried to get more organised for next year's events and it nearly worked. Despite being quite a big event with a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run, these events sell out within hours. I tried to get into Ironman Austria but messed it up. I managed to sneak in to Ironman Switerzland next year. I will need to do some serious training now - it's quite a bit harder than a half ironman.

The Cambridge Triathlon Club are pretty cool - the Ironman seems to be the most popular event for them now. Nice to have some crazy training partners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home