Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

ran 9 miles with Ivan

Ivan called this afternoon to ask if I wanted to go for a run. It was pretty cold so I'm glad I had someone else to motivate me to get out there. The moon was bright so we could see the trail by the river pretty clearly. After half a mile I'd warmed up, though I think it took Ivan a while longer.

We made a decent pace and as we came back to the lock, with 2 miles to go, we saw another runner ahead so we tried to catch him. He heard us and was having none of it. We picked up the pace a lot and for long periods were doing 6.30-6.45 pace.

Overall, for the 9.2 miles we managed 7:40 pace and it felt pretty easy. A nice run in spite of the cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home