Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ran 10 mile; 7:50 pace; HR 156; 1425 calories

Just felt like a run today so toddled up the river with my iPod. I ran beyond Clayhithe this time and was surprised to note that there is another way to cross the river just 4.6 miles from my house - a lock with a footbridge across it. I didn't fancy getting lost today since it is a bit cold but I'll try it another day.

I was surprised that a gentle jog is still sub - 8 pace for me at the moment and it felt very easy for the first 5 miles, though the 5th mile was offroad and slowed me down a bit, requiring more effort too, and the 6th mile was similar, which was disppointing because, being downwind I thought it'd be easier. Coming back along the tow path I realised that sub-8 is not my 'all day pace' but I managed to hang in there, though it wasnt totally effortless. Coughing started as soon as I stopped running but seems ok now.

Heartrate seemed a bit higher than normal at times but the average seems ok at 156. Quite a few calories burned so I'd better eat some breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home