Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Simon Mentha writes to Leo Hickman on dimmable eco bulbs | Environment | The Guardian

My neighbours are pretty cool. Simon just got a mention in the Environment section of the Guardian for pointing out that you can now buy very decent dimmable flourescent lights. Here is Leo Hickman's Article on dimmable eco bulbs.

For my part I have managed to buy some flourescent Security Lights for 20 quid in B&Q. They are 24W instead of 150W per light. Now all I need to find is some who doesnt mind going up a ladder to fit them for me!

2 Comments:

At 4:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carl.

More reasons to drink Sierra Nevada beer.

http://www.sierranevada.com/environment.html

If you can ignore all the fuel and emissons to disributed the stuff.

Got to start somewhere.

Scott

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger sue foster said...

Very timely. I just discovered that eco bulbs are necessarily dimmable yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home