Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Ran 9 miles (7:37 min/mile; HR 154; 1276 calories)

Adam, Antony and Tony came running today. 3 of us did the 9 mile loop, which was enjoyable despite the wind and wide open fields in places. I'm quite surprised to see that my average heartrate stayed the same as on a previou occasion though I ran 30 seconds per mile faster. Perhap I am getting a bit fitter. At this pace me and Antony had sweat dripping off our faces but Adam looked as fresh as a daisy all the way around as usual.

God granted me another organic box of vegetables and a bag of apples again this week from www.waterlandorganics.co.uk, well, when I say God it was really Doreen. I had just had a shower and noticed the card through the door so dashed out into the street in my skimpy dressing gown to try and pay her. I think I embarassed her a bit and she said I could pay next week. Oh well. Nice to have some more nice food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home