Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Ran 9 miles: 8:07 min/mile pace / 154 avg HR

Ran up the river to Clayhithe (started with Adam and Tony as far as Bait's Bite Lock), crossed the water there, sought out a difficult to find footpath and made a 9 mile loop of it. I was a bit surprised to do it at an average pace of 8:07 and a heartrate of 154.

I've had a look at the next bridge up and it's near Wicken Fen, Adam tells me it is called Dimmock's Cote and is about 21 miles round trip. I not quite ready for that yet but maybe soon. The next one up is Ely but that is 35 miles round trip, and, Adam tells me it was Alan Turing's favourite run. Is there anything Adam doesn't know about running?

I cycled to swimming tonight and then we did a pretty tough session in the pool. I'm pooped but was glad to come home to organic box scheme soup!! It's run out now so I may need to cook something else tomorrow. Apple crumble is tempting. I wonder what else I can bake to make good use of the oven being on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home