Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Survivor Challenge

For the next 6 weeks my team, 'Mostly Beanpoles', are embarking on a health programme. Me, Libby, Kendra, Brent and James have our work cut out for us. The challenge consists of cummulative tasks, with new ones added each week. They are:

Week 1: Drink 8 glasses of water a day
Week 2: Do 30 minutes of exercise a day (plus all previous tasks)
Week 3: Drink no soda pop (plus all previous tasks)
Week 4: Ea at least 5 pieces of fruit or vegetables every day (plus all previous tasks)
Week 5: No fried food, no hamburgers, no fast food (plus all previous tasks)
Week 6: No candy,no sweets, no deserts (plus all previous tasks)

We all weighed in at the start of the challenge and had our resting heart rate and blood pressure taken. My weight was 175lbs and HR was 55, bp 120/75(?).

My team are all fairly skinny so we are unlikely to win the challenge, which will be ultimately decided by the team's total percentage weight loss. However, that is just the tie breaker, first every team member must complete the challenges every day for the next 6 weeks. My team are a tough-minded bunch so I'm expecting then to do well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home