Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

"Traditional English Fish and Chips"

Went out to dinner with David. The Sushi bar was shut so we went to Danny's (not Denny's but it used to be one!).

Quite a meat-filled menu but I was lured by the sound of the "Traditional English Fish and Chips" and my mind filled with thoughts of fat greasy chips, a lump of battered fish, topped with mushy peas, perhaps a pickled egg, all drowned in vinegar and smoothered in tomato ketchup, perhaps even served in an old newspaper. Foolish to let myself dream so.

Said meal arrived in plastic basket. 2 pieces of fish (one too hard to chew even given my low quality standards); some coleslaw (!) and french fries. It was authentic in 2 respects: vinegar and tomato ketchup. A bit of a disappointing awaking from my food dream. :-(

1 Comments:

At 8:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carl,

We'll post some over if you like ;-)

Paula & Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home