Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Dog walk and house cleaning

Was planning to ski today but I'm knackered so I had a sleep in and then went on an excellent dog walk on the Faye-Luther trail nearby. When I pulled up at the trail head a HUGE dog noted my passenger was also a canine of similar colour so bounded up to meet us. I have no idea what it was but it looked like a double size labrador and was a bit boisterous. I hesistently opened the drivers door to confront the monster face to face. Molly seemed keen to say hello and pushed her way out of the drivers door behind me. I considered it somewhat fortunate that the big dog did not eat Molly, nor me. Turns out the big dog had a small dog companion, not to mention a mule and a horse. I took the approach of quickly heading along the trail and everything seemed to work itself out. Molly seemed to really like the trail.

Molly on faye-luther trail

Took her home and fell asleep. Got a call from David (who owns my house), which I hoped was to tell me what day he was arriving but no, he was calling to tell me he was outside the house! House cleaning plans slightly messed up by his early arrival!

Anyhow, good to see David and catch up on all things work related and get some food at Coyotes, which seemed to be the only place still open. Discovered some nice beer there called Snow Plough, quite like Black Butte!

Finally got back to dog sit and only regretted a little not skiing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home