Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

RAIN (snow) & skiing this weekend

It finally rains in the desert! Today's weather is the kind of day my old friend Steve used to describe as 'good'. It took a long time to even begin to appreciate his perspective which was often centred around ice climbing and mountaineering. Down here today the weather, to a normal person, is pretty grim. But people who like the winter outdoor sports must be pretty happy with this miserable day because it is snowing in the mountains (see Kirkwood webcam)! Excellent! Snow depth 3-8 inches in last 48 hours with base depth 12-28 inches. Scott says, stay to head for the 'Solitude' lift.

Have got my skis hired from work and have weekend plans. Seems like I might need to learn how to use my snow chains this weekend though (perhaps Molly can help me get it figured out).

PS. Dog sitting for the weekend too, excellent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home