Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Upgraded my pet - gone from spider to dog!

I've had a pet spider in the bath for a few weeks now, keeping me company (I don't use baths anyway!). Very comforting continuity to see it there morning and evening. How it survives and what it eats I don't know, I only hope it's not a brown recluse! I wonder how long it will hang around. I'm vaguely reminded of the story of the guy in a prison cell and his 'pet' spider. What was that story?

Anyhow, for a few days I have traded my spider for a dog! Fortunately the dog comes with it's own house and everything, including a TiVo and kegerator! FAB.

So, here is Molly enjoying the first day of advent last night with her biscuit filled advent calendar! She's doing the dog thing of begging by not looking directly at you and re-doubling her efforts to be 'well behaved'. I think she's also sharing my frustration at my unreliable camera and the faff required to take a picture when there is a dog biscuit at stake.

Molly enjoying biscuit-filled advent calendar

Here she is chilling out...
Molly taking it easy

I hope she doesn't mind having her picture plastered over the internet!

We had a nice walk this morning. Well, it started nice but I decided to walk back a different way. This was a bit like getting to the centre of a maze and deciding to walk back a different way. I eventually got back. At one point Molly just stopped and looked at me as if to say 'where are we stupid?'. Early on my mistake had been to follow the dog thinking she must know the way back. After a while I realised she was just pulling me toward the next interesting smell. I didn't fully realise the error of my ways until we got very close to the house, at which point only then did Molly seem to realise where we were!

However, I couldn't help noticing how nice it was to just walk. The mountains have looked fantastic today, very clear and sharp and snow covered. I may just try to ski down one tomorrow. I really must get a dog again one day.

Better go, dog to mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home