Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Building a new woodstore

Mum, Fred and Hector came over to help me chop my cherry tree back (well, to substantially pollard it). Before getting started we needed to make somewhere to stack the wood. Fred took the lead and we were quickly attaching odd bits of wood to the wall and making a frame. Simon loaned me an angle grinder which made short work of cutting a piece of corrugated steel lengthways - what a great tool!

We didn't quite get finished but so far it looks pretty sturdy and like it will take a lot of logs! I got some of the wood from Freecycle and had some left over from some old victorian roofing timbers someone once gave me. I think the next job will be to make a sawbuck to help me saw up the logs.

An excellent day's work - I look forward to getting it finished and stacked with logs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home