Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ran 8 miles with Ivan in freezing fog

Sometimes people ask me how I motivate myself to work out. On a day like today it is a good question. I think we do what a lot of others do. We arrange to run with someone else. Once the 'contract' is made there is no getting out of it. Ivan proposed a run tonight, in freezing fog, as so we did it. I felt heavy for most of it but on the way back I started to feel like I was getting back to form. We agreed that such training, though somewhat mad, is good for coping with difficult conditions in a race. Oddly we saw about 6 other runners on the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home