Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mum's 65th Birthday

Doug and I arrived last night for Mum's birthday. On the day we presented her with, amongst other things, a heart rate monitor and a pedometer. As well as the usual birthday stuff we went for a walk, 5 miles and more than 10,000 steps. Mum doesn't usually walk that far and did very well indeed. It was very interesting to walk and check out our Heart rates. Walking does indeed seem to be good exercise. You need to walk about 30 minutes non-stop with an increased heart rate but you don't need to go mad. Walking does naturally seem to elevate the heart rate quite nicely.

Yolanda drove up later to meet Mum and help us celebrate her birthday. At the moment she met Mum the Heart Rate monitor was at hand so I asked her to see what hers was doing during the stress of meeting someone for the first time. I was fairly gob-smacked to see that it was showing 52. She is measurably cool as a cucumber. I'm afraid I would exhibit a bit more stress in such a situation.

I hope Mum had as much fun as we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home