Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mammoth - 7/7 - 10/7

We eventually got to Mammoth and found a nice bakery and then, after some hassle, found a really neat hotel. The manager had done the John Muir Trail a couple of times and gave us a good price for 3 sharing ($90) - place was called the Sierra Lodge.

We first went shopping. I bought some long pants and a shirt and a better mosquito net. We have also covered it all in Permetherin so we'll see how that works out.

I have some topical antibiotic for my toe (bit dodgey where the nail hits the skin) and some epsom salts.

We watched the new Die Hard movie on Sunday (which was great) and then Transformers yesterday (crap I thought).

I spent the whole day yesterday in the library working on a job application for a job at Cooper in San Francisco.

Unfortunately I cant get the photos off my camera for various reasons (a right pain) so the new ones are from my phone.

If you scroll down and also click on June 2007 you will see I have added a few more entries to the blog.

I am now super late and need to catch the others on the trail. More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home