Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Left VVR late - only about 12 miles for the day!

We left VVR late. The ferry guys eventually got us across the lake and we walked the 1.4 miles back to the PCT. There we say for several hours talking with a nice couple, John and Linda. He worked in the Power and Utilities business especially in the trading side of things.

We camped just beyond Silver Pass, only about 12 miles for the day. Basil wasnt too happy about it but the 9 beers he had the day before hadn't helped either. I think though, that Basil needs to move a bit faster so we may split the 'team' as we head out of Mammoth. That's ok the trail seems to be like that.

We camped in quite strong wind and I had to storm lash my tent to keep it up (Basil and Amtrak cowboy camped as usual, though Basil was bothered by mosquitoes in the night). I was glad to be in a tent.

Our water source for the evening wasnt very good (a lake) and clearly had little red bugs swimming around in it. I think putting them in my hummous killed them (I hope so). Not very appetizing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home