Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Forrester Pass - 13,200ft



Late start today (camped on my own). Not enough food yesterday apparently since I felt a little weak and tired. Finally hauled over Forrester Pass, the highest point of the trail at 13,200ft. No phone service even right up there but Marmots and flowers were evident, even Pikers.

Water filter broke today but not a big deal. Water in the Sierra's is clean and I don't want to stand too long near rivers filtering water anyway since that is where the mosquitoes are.

Body and feet much better now. Shame about some of my gear breaking! Tent got a little damp last night - it needs the door wide open and I need to camp higher up I guess. Mosquitoes are being a right pain at times.

Had a dinner of hummous and then hiked on into the evening to find a campsite. Felt great to hike after dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home