Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Ultra Runner

I realized at lunch that this time next week I may no longer be just a guy, I'll forever more be an 'Ultra Runner'. I am sometimes informed at lunch that I am on "rare form" which I realize really means barking mad. So, I fantasized about the super hero costume I will need to wear and then counted on the fingers of one hand the only other ultra runners in the building who would soon be the only people I could talk with. Well there may be more but are at least Terry (former pro runner), Dave, Ron, Bill and possibly Brian - an elite crowd indeed (actually, that part is serious, they are exceptionally fit, all of them, not to mention an inspiration).

James even did a cartoon of me (when he finally finished singing).

Sienna said I'd probably trip and bash my face on a rock and have to retire after about half a mile. She's probably right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home