Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Kokanee Half Marathon - South Lake Tahoe

A load of us did the Kokanee Half Marathon. A nice trail run and pretty flat. A bit of a struggle for me having not done much running recently. I think my time was 1:52 which was not too bad but I'd like to be much quicker!

Here's Libby, Tony, Dennis, Brent, Sienna and Scott
IMGP0360.JPG

Everyone in the picture holding a fish came in the top 3 in their age group. Dennis is worth an extra note, he was age group first by about 10 minutes I think, and was around 8th over all. During the awards the announcer pointed out that Dennis won the first ever Kokanee Half Marathon. Impressively fit. If anyone is feeling ageist, have a race against Dennis!

After the Half Marathon we went to get a few beers at Oktober fest down the road.
IMGP0365.JPG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home