Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rafting at Idaho Springs

Sue and Carla highly recommended this rafting trip, though someone died rafting just the week before, which gave us some food for thought.

In the event the rafting company were really well organized and had lots of safety measures (as Sue and Carla had pointed out). This first picture gives an idea of what a class 4 rapid looks like. You can hardly see Nigel at the front of the boat (the most extreme seat, which he knowing choose and thoroughly enjoyed!).
IMG_0019.JPG

Here we are getting ourselves into another fix and loving it (Trent, me and Nigel are the UPA contingent).
IMG_0024.JPG

I have to confess that although I have known Nigel for around 15 years and have read a lot of his work to do with ISO standards I never once imagined him to be quite such a fan of extreme sports. I doubt there is anyone in the UPA more extreme! Well met!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home