Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, February 06, 2006

FAT

This dieting business is awful. I've been doing exercise nearly every day for 2 weeks, including 5 mile runs some days. I've cut down on snacking, eliminated the peanuts (a recommended South Beach snack) and have even given up booze completely for a week. My weight now seems to be about 189.2 and I seem to have lost 1/4 inch around the widest part of my fat belly (please note - my trouser 'waist' size is about 34 inches, the 37.25 is the big that hangs above that). Needless to say, this is not a great improvement, I still need to get to 178lbs. What was it Oscar Wilde said about middle age? Something like, "when your age starts to spread around your middle." I think he was right!

On the upside, this diet business is becoming a proper challenge now, so, I think I need even more exercise and stay on the booze free, snack free thing for a while longer. Fortunately I like lentils and brown rice.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

Buy a house! Remove the floor, paint the walls and ceiling. Install a new floor, kitchen and toilet. Do you daily job in the office and work on your house in the evening and weekend. Keep on snacking and don't do any running. You will still loose weight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home