Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

The English Language

Having a few more problems with the English Language here. I have just about stopped sniggering when someone says 'pants' to mean trousers, but pants will always be underwear to me.

I found out that braces are called suspenders here. No need to explain that suspenders are for holding up stockings, so an interesting mental picture there.

But today's big news concerns the 'jumper'. I just thought it was the wrong word for sweater here but in fact it is far worse than i imagined. Here is a US verion of a 'jumper'.



Oh dear. I must stop making that mistake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home