Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Mountain biking - The Flume Trail

Scott took Doug, Alex and me on The Flume Trail on mountain bikes after work (we borrowed 2 excellent bikes from Bently Adventures - the adventure club at work).

Scott has been trying to get me to do the flume since I arrived. The trail is one of the best mountain bike trails in the area, though the flume itself has sheer drops down into the lake (hundreds of feet), and nice views too.

Getting to the flume is pretty fun too with some nice technical mountain bike sections and some great views of Marlette Lake and the forest (Scott has seen bears near there 3 times before).

The flume itself isnt 100% terrible if you are scared of heights but at times it does make you think. The path gets very narrow in a couple of places, which might be ok if it was firm but in fact some of the narrow parts are very sandy too. Scott helpfully suggested following me on a particular section like this to see how bad I would get! But generally, it was ok and the overall rideout was great. Doug and Alex loved it and Scott was an excellent and patient guide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home