Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

A "Growler" (growl.er)

It was Amy's 26th birthday again on friday and I was invited around for "sugar (cakes) and beer". In addition to partaking of the kegerator, which is still well stocked with Black Beute, one of their neighbours turned up with a couple of "Growlers".

growl.er (Informal. A container, such as a pail or pitcher, that is used for carrying beer)


A Growler
Originally uploaded by CarlMyhill.



Anyhow, the growlers were left over at the end of the evening and Scott insisted i took them, resorting to threats that he would pour them down the sink if I didn't (underhand).

Anyhow, it transpired that the red beer in these growlers was pretty damned good. Beer from growlers tastes nearly as good as beer from the kegerator, and much better than that from little bottles. I have not idea why but it seems solid fact! Perhaps it is because it is less fizzy from the growler.

So, "growler" is my new US word of the week, and a fine one it is too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home