Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Veggie Chilli and Yoga, compatible?

On the surface you might think that being vegetarian and doing yoga go together quite well. Not always. Last night I mad a veggie chilli (from a packet!) and added a couple of tins of beans, including my exciting "Garbanzo" beans, which were disappointingly only chickpeas. Oh, and a tin of tomatos, which, not paying attention to the can turned out to be a tin of tomato sauce but similar enough! Rice cooker supplied the rice (when I had finally found the instructions and figured them out again).

Today was Yoga and after a 7am-11.30 stretch of meetings on the phone I was ready. Late for class and teach seemed in the mood for revenge ensuring we 'hold the pose for 3 more breaths' after my legs had started doing Elvis impressions. Anyway, following the bean fiesta last night required some more complex than usual control of stomach muscles today.

I shouldn't joke though, the yoga was extremely good and hurt a good deal. I even found my cobra today, which means my cobra position vastly improved by using back muscles rather than arms. Compulsory yoga for all I say, only allowed to skip it after a veggie chilli. Ran a couple of miles after class too, to try to break back into a fitness regime.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee!hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home