Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

deathride - elevation details



For those that are interested, next weekend's 'fun' is 129 miles riding this profile (around 16,000ft of height gain). You will see some of the peaks look symmetrical - that's because you go up one mountain, down the other side, turn around and go back and do the other side of it. Quite a tough mind game that one. After lunch you have a choice of finishing with 4 passes or doing another 40-50 miles taking in the last pass. My brain is set on finishing the event but in that heat I don't know that I'll manage that - in distance alone it is further than I have every cycled in a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home