Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Time Trial - 12 miles - 33:28 - Average 21.5 mph

I did my first time trial in England tonight, I've only ever time trialed in the US before. It was about 5 miles from work to Newton so I was warmed up when I arrived. I arrived a bit late but was very welcomed by a very friendly bunch from Team Cambridge.

The 12 mile ride was a windy one with a couple of hills. We set off a minute apart and I didn't catch the bloke in front of me - in didn't see him. Someone steamed past me on a fancy bike at 6 miles. I tried to keep him in my sights and deluded myself with the idea of fighting back. It picked up my pace at least!

After crossing the finish line I was pleased to notice an tea and coffee station had been set up. 25p was a good price for a very welcome cuppa!

One of the club members directed me to the cycle path that heads to Addenbrookes. I'd seen it from the train but had never had the opportunity to use it before. It was a nice ride home but all told I think I've cycled 30 miles today - thankfully not all of it at 21mph!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home