Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tesco flourescent light bulbs 1p

Tescos are currently selling compact fluorescent light bulbs for 1p each and you can buy 4 of them. This is a real steal. How much money do you think they will save you?

I used this power running cost calculator to help me with some sums.

Running cost of 4x 60w incandescent bulbs per month = £2.88 per month
(assumes 120 hours in use per month, cost of a kw/h unit is 10p)

Running cost for 4x 9w fluorescent bulbs per month = £0.432
(assumes 120 hours in use per month, cost of a kw/h unit is 10p)


So, replacing 4 bulbs with these fluorescents will cost 4p and will save you £2.44 per month. I reckon the payback period for thee bulbs is about half a day.

Go buy some!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home