Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Sport Relief - Ran 2 miles - 13.06

My mate Rod at GE set up a lunchtime running race today. 2 laps of Midsummer Common in Cambridge. On paper I looked likely to be the second fastest with Adam WAY out in front. As it turned out, Dave overtook me near the start and was 10 seconds ahead of me for most of the race. Towards the last half a mile I had narrowed the gap to about 5 seconds. As we came up to the finishing line I sped up a bit and then, a bit more. As I drew level I was carrying too much speed for Dave to respond so I pipped him on the line. That's my fastest ever 2 miles but it isn't very impressive really. I should be able to run faster than that.

Good fun though and nice to see so many people out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home