Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The best day of the year for motorcycling

The nice thing about riding a motorcycle through the winter is the way you notice that magical first day of the summer season. After lots of rain and wind over the last few days today the sun came out. Heavy rain is great for cleaning up the road (light rain can leave the road quite slippery) and with some wind and sun it was soon dry leaving conditions perfect - you could even feel a little warmth from the sun.

I got my summer gloves out and wore leathers without a rain coat for the first time this year. Perfect. Lots of bikes out.

It's not very eco but I do get 40mpg+ and the motorcycle is such a perfect machine it's sad to think that a lot of people go through life without ever riding one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home