Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Eco drainage unblocking - bicarbonate of soda and vinegar

This is a bit gross. I have 2 lodgers with long hair. The bath drain recently clogged. I tried a plunger but it wouldn't shift it. So, I tried bicarbonate of soda and vinegar (it was supposed to be white but I used normal malt). I scooped a bit of biacarb into the drain hole and poured on vinegar and watched the ensuing volcano erupt. For good measure I had a go with the plunger too. It didnt seem to work so I repeated the process. Disappointed I walked away. A few days later I noticed a hairball in the outside drain. It is only of the most disgusting things I have ever seen but I feel it worth mentioning since my eco solution worked!!!! My bath drain is now clear and the fur ball is in the bin (green composting bin of course).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home