Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Eco-dilema solved

Since returning home I'm living in the box room of my house. I sleep in a single bed with an awful mattress with poky springs. To overcome the pokiness I've been putting a 3/4 thermarest on top of the mattress. It works ok - well, it should do it worked ok sleeping outdoors for 3.5 months last year! It works ok on rock for goodness sake. But it is not very convenient perched on a mattress and moves about a bit.

I had almost given up on my old mattress and decided to consign it to the landfill but that bugged me, as did spending £200 on a new mattress. New mattresses, it seems, are now often made from memory foam - and that's the good ones I'm told. So, I managed to buy a 3" memory foam 'topper' to put over my existing mattress. I tried it last night and it worked great! I haven't had to throw the old one away and the topper uses less material than a whole new mattress. Neat and quite eco I think.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home