Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, December 10, 2007

ran 5, cycled and swam

I ran 5 miles at lunch with Adam, Tony and Anthony. Felt a bit hard after yesterday's easy 7 mile trott. The ground underfoot was extremely slippery in places. We modified the route a bit but may need to modify it again and go back to El Gordo around the country park.

I managed to swim in the evening which was fun. I raced Louise on 50s at the end at was surprised to beat her. Mind you, by the time I was ready for the first 50 she had already sprinted 3x50s. Her stroke is so economical and long I felt bad beating her with my scruffy slog through the water. On a normal day though she'd get me easily.

It occured to me, during the swim, how nice it is to be in the water. It feels so great to slip through the water, suspended. What a gift - thank you Impington Swimming Club!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home