Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, January 15, 2007

ok water is back on now - hot too!

Well these plumbers, a whole team of them in 3 vans, have been working really hard in extremely cold conditions but they've got somewhere. The water is not quite right yet but the shower is now hot, so that's perfect! I'm surprised they didn't just give up with the temperature at minus 8C. They were constantly fighting against re-freezing pipes but figured it all out.

My neighbours have not been so lucky. The pipe under their condo has burst 30ft from the ground (which is still under the level of our ground floor!). It seems odd that the plumbers working in the basement will need scaffolding to get the job done.

Apparently I now need to leave a tap running all the time (at least while I'm home - if I do it when i go to work and the drain freezes everything could flood).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home