Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Visiting Sue and Carla, Hiking, Good Food and Hot tub

Sue and Carla's Neighbours - front garden
Sue and Carla's neighbours seem to go a whole bundle on the christmas thing as seen by their neon nativity. As I tried to remember which house was theirs, I could discount several by the process of elimination!

We went for a short hike to Roxborough. Really pretty and quite like a couple of other local places around Denver but nonetheless impressive for it.

Here are Sue's pictures...


Carla made some excellent food and then gave me a bit of a biomechanics tutorial about how muscles work and such. She also made my lunch for the next day. I decided to move in permenantly but things didn't work out! :-)

For desert we ate an English style christmas cake which my Mum sent on a christmas plate from Sue's Mom. Thanks Moms!



Carla cuts the mini English style christmas cake.

Sue and Carla have a pretty impressive hot tub with beer holders. An excellent way to see the stars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home