Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Avalanche Training with Bently Adventures

Our first day of avalanche training by Nate from The Sporting Rage (the folks who run Bently Adventures, our adventure club at work).

Nate is ex-military and this was his first civilian class. Pretty impressive if you ask me. We sat in the classroom for a bit, looking at slides and becoming worried about avalanche dangers and then we went outside in the afternoon to practice with some of the equipment. It was all good fun but I think everyone in the class realized that this training could suddenly become relevant one day. There was therefore an air of seriousness too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home