Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Amy keeps feeding me

My blog is a bit out of date but one thing of note this month has been good food. Amy is experimenting with veggie and wheat free cooking on me. Very good experiments too. My favourite has been from Nigel Lawson’s cookbook involving egg plant (aubergine), tomatoes, cheese and all kinds of stuff. Awesome but followed by an awesome wheat free chocolate cake.

I’ve been fed about 3 times recently and each time Amy packs me up with some food for the next night too.

I have attempted to repay this in a small way by introducing them to Marmite, the English yeast spread (Oz version is vegemite). After sampling this delicacy by shoving a finger in the pot Scott said, “I’d rather lick my dog’s ass than eat that”. So, I made a starter for one of the meals, which suffered badly on the appearance scale, but which presented Marmite in its most favourable light – on bread with peanut butter; with Philadelphia cheese; and with lettuce. Well they ate it but I don’t think it will ever become their favourite thing. You could say that I'm probably still in debt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home