Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Grover Hot Springs

There is an upside to living on millions of tons of molten lava - lots of hot springs!

Grover Hot Springs are in Markleeville, a pretty small town famous for The Death Ride. The hot springs are state run, clean but a little basic (nowhere to buy a beer). We sat in the spings too long. Then Kathryn, queen of the cold water swim, decides we should get in the cold pool. I weakened and followed suit. Not too cold but cold enough!

We were about to get out when someone collapsed after leaving the pool. Kathryn switched to Dr mode to ensure the attendants were doing the right thing, then satisfied they were chilled out. It was then i realised I had been in the springs a long time and the last time I made that mistake I collapsed too and passed out another 8 times as I tried to get up. My exit from these springs was considerably more careful after having just seen someone else land their head on concrete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home